Kippy's survival guide in current "2024 era" of the internet

Kippykip

CEO of cancelled
cringge
Seems the internet in general has been VERY toxic and corporate focused in last few years (probably the most ever since 2017?). So I'm making a quick little survival guide or "Kippytips" if you will.

1. Staying anonymous:
Like the classic posters in your computer lab in primary school, stay the HELL anonymous.
Don't post any personal info or pictures of yourself online if you can avoid it. Even on sites like Facebook that say to use your real details, use a fake name or alias instead. People are constantly being doxxed online nowadays or getting blackmailed / reported to their employers.
If you're extra paranoid and your IP address shows your exact location, use proxies, VPNs when accessing community hosted websites and forums.
Keep your username completely unique from your real name. Aliases can always be remade, while real names are forever. I've made this mistake once before.

2. Watch out for DMCA abuse:
If you upload content to platforms like YouTube, always download it and save it locally in case there is an issue with copyright strikes or takedown notices. Do NOT rely solely on the platform itself keeping your videos up forever.
If you make fangames or emulators, try to host them on decentralized file sharing networks or offshore DMCA proof hosts instead so they won't get taken down immediately by large companies or individuals who want to censor or shutdown fan projects. Or worse, face legal threats from lawyers getting potentially huge sums of money from you due to "damages".
Using a normal host is no longer viable in 2024, if you chose the off-shore route remember to use fake details and crypto for payment.

3. Simply don't get into politics at all:
Politics is probably the most toxic thing on the internet right now, or hell, even in real life too. Just stay away from discussions about it unless absolutely necessary. There is no point arguing with political retards as everyone thinks they are correct and will never change their mind. Besides no matter who anyone votes or says anyway, shit like DMCA abuses, copyright laws, censorship, etc still happen regardless of what party is in control. Accept you can do NOTHING and move on with your own passions.

4. Getting cancelled / avoiding crybullies:
Don't ever apologise for something you didn't actually mean to do wrong. The second you give an apology, these "users" will jump on it and demand more fucking apologies. You can only appease these "types" for so long before they turn on you anyway and call you a "racist/zionist/homophobic/transphobic/nazi scumlord" or whatever fucking buzzword they choose next week. It doesn't matter how much time you spend sucking their toes, they'll eventually turn on you and accuse you of being some evil person anyway.

5. Don't take anything personally:
Remember, it's the fucking internet. People act waaay differently online than they would irl. Some people are genuinely nice and feel more comfortable expressing themselves this way, some are shitposters just looking for fun and tease everyone. However sometimes people are just complete assholes with nothing better to do than to cause a scene and bring you down.
You can't please everyone, nor should you care to try. Besides as long as you stay anonymous, none of those retards have any power over you. They can yell and scream all day but ultimately it means nothing, especially when they don't know who the fuck you really are. To you, it's all text on a fucking screen.

6. Be skeptical when reading from checkmark users or mainstream articles:
Mainstream news and media have become extremely biased and clickbaity in recent years. Checkmark users also seem to be very influenced by what big tech giants promote or hide behind advertiser friendly algorithms. If you find yourself questioning, just look for multiple sources or read the comments section where actual human beings (hopefully) do some actual digging and call shit out.

7. Use adblockers:
Internet has become such a deranged mess of advertisements everywhere, especially on websites using trackers. Adblocker extensions should be used religiously for everyday browsing. Only whitelist if you really want to support someone. (Like meee)

8. Support small creators:
Big tech monopolies are pushing smaller content creators, websites and developers offline. YouTubers now have to really dumb down their content for advertiser approval, which ultimately leads to poor quality entertainment and boring repetitive topics. Support small channels, artists and indie game devs wherever possible so they don't have to do that shit. They need it more than big content slop creators backed by multi billion dollar corporations.

9. Keep creating:
Even though everything seems completely fucked online right now, keep doing whatever passion you love. Make music, art, write stories, code games, cook food, build things. Whatever the fuck, because someone somewhere might enjoy it and appreciate it. Sometimes that feeling alone and standing your ground makes everything worthwhile. I'm only just starting to get my motivation back myself this year after a couple years of depression and burnout. So good luck to everyone else fighting through this bullshit modern era of the internet.

10. Have fucking fun:
Try to enjoy the little moments we have left together online before everything goes dark, regulated and censored forever. Find those rare gems of communities that haven't been ruined by toxicity or corporate influence yet.

reggrety

"I bought mine on day one you fucking tard!"
For adblockers, Use librewolf with ublock and umatrix or if you're on pale moon then use ublock origin legacy and ematrix.
If you're on mobile. Good luck searching ways to use adblockers and using trying to use a browser that """blocks""" trackers on android or ios (Who the fuck uses ios anyway?)
otherwise use adaway if you're using a rooted android phone (which is most likely the case for some of you guys (in which i don't use my phone ALL the time.)) if not. use DNS66
Fuck adblockers that are not open source.

And use mullvad vpn which is good for your money. and is a good privacy vpn from what i've heard (just use crypto though.)

Kippykip

CEO of cancelled
cringge
For adblockers, Use librewolf with ublock and umatrix or if you're on pale moon then use ublock origin legacy and ematrix.
If you're on mobile. Good luck searching ways to use adblockers and using trying to use a browser that """blocks""" trackers on android or ios (Who the fuck uses ios anyway?)
otherwise use adaway if you're using a rooted android phone (which is most likely the case for some of you guys (in which i don't use my phone ALL the time.)) if not. use DNS66
Fuck adblockers that are not open source.

And use mullvad vpn which is good for your money. and is a good privacy vpn from what i've heard (just use crypto though.)
Kiwi Browser is literally just google chrome for android but with extension support, you can put the desktop ublock origin extension on that. Works great
Until they probably fuck it with manifest v3 or whatever

reggrety

Yeah but even so theres the browser i use (bromite) which doesn't have extension support and is chromium based. but i'd rather use firefox for mobile than something that will reveal your info in 1 nanosecond.

Kippykip

CEO of cancelled
cringge
Yeah but even so theres the browser i use (bromite) which doesn't have extension support and is chromium based. but i'd rather use firefox for mobile than something that will reveal your info in 1 nanosecond.
Yeah if firefox adds extensions fully on mobile, I might make the switch. Seems there's a whitelist which is very annoying last I checked.
My main browser on my work laptop is firefox now only because Opera GX bugs out every update.

reggrety

Opera GX is outta the list then. Because it's chinese spyware.
And as for FIrefox extensions.....

I'm pretty sure i would still use a pc for browsing and vidya gaems, But people still insist on using a mobile phone for accessing the internet soo....
d04.png

reggrety

And no i'm not gonna resize the image into a proper size, Deal with the raw size of the image size.

Kippykip

CEO of cancelled
cringge
And no i'm not gonna resize the image into a proper size, Deal with the raw size of the image size.
based
Opera GX is outta the list then. Because it's chinese spyware.
And as for FIrefox extensions.....

I'm pretty sure i would still use a pc for browsing and vidya gaems, But people still insist on using a mobile phone for accessing the internet soo....
I try to use PC almost exclusively if I can, but when it comes to pulling over or of I'm onsite somewhere on my job, or on a lunchbreak buttfuck nowhere I gotta use the phone.

Current setup on my PC's is primarily Opera GX but slowly switching to firefox cuz open source + manifest V2 continues to be supported. Only reason I stuck to Opera GX anyway was because of the clipboard paste feature for upload buttons. But Firefox supports that with an extension

While on android, I use kiwi browser because practically nothing else supports full web extensions which is a bunch of bullfuck.
Ublock Origin is the main one.

reggrety

Only reason I stuck to Opera GX anyway was because of the clipboard paste feature for upload buttons.
It's some things that are Only are available through closed source software and shit.
I mean in the past i used to use shit like Davinci Resolve and that alone is a good video editor that's free* even on LInux/Windows (I'm not counting on Mac OS which is a shit Operating System to me. lol.) Now i'm just using Olive Video Editor because it might be the only video editor that is FLOSS that i normally would use on a daily basis. But even so, I would refuse using anything that spies on me Unless it's necessary.
(*By free it's the things that are available to the free version any other premium thing will have a watermark added onto your project.)
but when it comes to pulling over or of I'm onsite somewhere on my job, or on a lunchbreak buttfuck nowhere I gotta use the phone.
It's the norm that people expect you to use a phone. Even then when my electricity went out and i drained the battery life of my laptop and had no wi-fi, I used my mobile data until the electricity turned on.
It may be a paper weight but it is always some sort of tool.